The world is a vast place and in it, you have different individuals who hail from different countries partaking in the same activities but in the ways they know best. Therefore, it comes a s no surprise that the wedding traditions can be different from one location to the other depending on the cultural values of the people. Although there might be differences in the way a wedding is conducted, it still does not change the end result of it being an avenue by which couples unite.
There are a few rules in the world that count as being universal and one such scenario can be found in the case of weddings. In most corners of the world, when it comes to weddings, it is the bride that takes up most of the grunt work and she will most likely be the one in charge of getting the wedding photographer. The fact that the bride is often the one making a decision on most things like the wedding photographer does not mean the groom does not play a role as well.
As a wedding photographer, what does this mean for you?
It is highly likely that as a wedding photographer, your strategy will be focused on appealing to the bride. Unless you have found a way to arrive at a suitable solution to appeal to both the bride and groom at the same time, it is public knowledge that men and women often find different things appealing. This fact is further proven by the countless products and movies that are always geared towards both genders separately. If there is a perfume for her then there also exists a perfume for him.
If the movie industry or fashion industry where to have thought that the movie or perfume in question would appeal to both genders, then they would know it is in their best interest to have it marketed to both parties. The wedding photographers therefore have no choice but to follow in the path already trudged by others and produce contact information that has strong appeal to the bride. How can this be implemented you ask well look below:
- You need to do your research and find out the age range most women in the area get married
- Carry out a demographic survey on the Essex women regarding your sample pictures and get feedback from them on which they find appealing
- Create a gallery or portfolio of the pictures that were thought to be appealing.
- Send out the link to the portfolio to various friends and family members to ask for their opinion about the ones that connect to them. Check out barrypaffeyphotography.co.uk for portfolio samples.
- From the opinions gotten, put the high ranking pictures on the website as promotional material.
Once you do this, you give the brides the opportunity to survey your work. What the future bride will most likely be interested in is in how the subject bride looked in the pictures you tool. They do not necessarily care about the groom in the frame but their attention will be directed towards his interaction with the groom.